As a member of the Hutton Honors College admitted in Summer 2017 or later, you have the opportunity to earn the Hutton Honors Notation. This distinction is recorded on your diploma and transcript, and it signifies outstanding performance in a broad range of courses.
Hutton Honors Notation Requirements
- Complete at least 18 hours of honors coursework
- Complete at least two Hutton Honors College courses (HON-H) of three credit hours each
- Complete at least one engaged learning experience that carries credit at IU (including study abroad, research projects, service-learning courses, creative projects, internships, and teaching assistantships)
- Maintain at least a 3.40 GPA for the 18 credit hours applied toward the Hutton Honors Notation with no grade lower than a C
- Submit an Hutton Honors Notation application upon completion of requirements or prior to graduation (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information).
- Graduate with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.40
General Honors Notation
Students admitted to the Hutton Honors College prior to Summer 2017 may choose to pursue the General Honors Notation instead of the Hutton Honors Notation. If you participated in a study abroad program for one year or more, you might find the General Honors Notation is better suited for you. Please contact a Hutton Honors College advisor for the General Honors Notation application and to discuss the details of this notation.