Shape your Hutton Honors College experience with impactful service that connects you to your fellow students and the greater community. Build friendships and create experiences that are meaningful and fulfilling through membership in these organizations.
Current Student Organizations
As a caring and dedicated mentor, help children or fellow IU students with autism develop friendships and practice social skills. The Autism Mentoring Program spreads awareness of autism and fosters education through other community activities and involvement. In addition to partnerships with local elementary schools, the program also partners with the College Internship Program, a residence facility for IU students with autism. All IU Bloomington students are invited to join.
Meetings: Tuesdays, 5 p.m., Hutton Honors College
Hutton I→Us is a student organization seeking to create a rewarding connection between incoming freshmen and the Hutton Honors college. In doing this, incoming freshmen will be paired with a mentor with similar areas of academic interest to help guide them through one of the largest milestones in their life. By fostering these relationships, the goal of Hutton I→Us is to ultimately craft the future leaders of Indiana University through support and a helping hand.
Meetings: TBD for Fall of 2018
HHart at IU is a student group working with the Hutton Honors College and the Hudson & Holland Scholars Program. Every February, we host a multidisciplinary arts showcase at the Honors College. With art galleries, performances, and a light reception, the HHart Showcase is a night for celebrating the arts!
Serve the greater Bloomington community through seven different volunteer programs. HBO offers programs at Fairview Elementary, two local senior centers, Banneker Community Center, and IU Hilltop Gardens.
Volunteer programs schedule:
- Crazy Story Club, Fairview Elementary
- Literacy and Life Skills, Fairview Elementary
- Science and Social Studies Skills, Fairview Elementary
- Banneker Buddies: Any two days, Monday-Thursday, 3:30-5 p.m., Banneker Community Center
- Gentry Park and Bell Trace senior communities: Alternating Saturday afternoons, typically 1-2 p.m.
Meetings: Large Group: Every other Wednesday, 4 p.m., Hutton Great Room.
Plan and participate in social, academic, and service events to foster connections within the community and further the mission of the Hutton Honors College.
Meetings: Every other Wednesday, 5:30 p.m., Hutton Honors College Great Room
Contact: Sophia Edgar, president, firstname.lastname@example.org
Get involved in community service opportunities that connect to wide variety of local organizations in the Monroe County area. Honorvol has worked with the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, Bloomington Animal Shelter, Willie Streeter Community Gardens, and Shalom Community Center, among others.
Meetings: Every other Tuesday, 7 p.m., Hutton Honors College
Contact: Email email@example.com to get involved.
Share your IU experience with prospective Hutton freshmen. Through this program, you can lead a prospective student through your day on campus so that they can get a glimpse into IU life.
How to Join: Freshmen and sophomores can apply in December of each year.
Contact: Laura Felicetti, firstname.lastname@example.org
HHCA connects Honors students to the Hutton Honors College (HHC) and to each other by building community among students on campus. Build your practical and facilitative leadership skills through meaningful social, academic, and service events.
- Large group, Fridays, 4:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Executive Board, Fridays, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Leadership Board, every other Friday, 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Residential and academic councils, weekly, days and times vary
How to Join: Membership applications are accepted at the start of each academic year.
- Director of Marketing and Communication, William Smith, email@example.com
- Director of Education and Membership, Susan Feldt, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Programming, Erin Webe, email@example.com
- Director of Professional Development, Heather Gornik, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty Advisor, Lynn Cochran, email@example.com