Creative activity grants support students who pursue substantial artistic or creative projects beyond their work in classes and demonstrate significant potential in a creative field.
Creative Activity Grant
Up to $1,500 for Fall or Spring
Up to $3,000 for Summer
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.40 or 3.70 major GPA
- Junior or Senior class standing
- Full-time IU Bloomington undergraduate student status (summer term applicants & graduating seniors in their last semester are exempt from enrolling in fulltime course load)
- One-time only award
- Must complete activity before graduation date
Summer: Friday before Spring Break
Fall Semester: Friday after Spring Break
Spring Semester: Last Friday in October
Note: Students who are made aware of creative activity opportunities after the application deadline should follow the nonstandard grant application cycle procedures.
- PDF application form
- Samples of applicant's completed work in the same field
- IU Bloomington faculty letter of recommendation
- Second letter of recommendation from an individual familiar with your work in the proposed project field (may also be IUB faculty)
- IU Unofficial Transcript
- Domestic or International Travel Waiver Form (for all projects outside of Bloomington, IN)
Funding recipients must submit a one-page evaluation of their experience before the deadline of the application period that immediately follows the funded activity. Students who do not comply will be ineligible to receive additional HHC funding.
Important information for funding and scholarship applicants
If you filed the FAFSA and are receiving financial aid (for example: Direct Loans, Pell Promise grants, 21st Century Scholars Covenant), and you receive one of the Hutton Honors College's grants or scholarships, your award from the Hutton Honors College may not be paid-out in the form of cash funds (i.e., as money paid into your Bursar account), but instead, may be used by IU's Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) to reduce your student/parent loan burden or reduce your federal/state grant by the amount awarded to you by the HHC.