Welcome to the Hutton Honors College! It’s time to plan for New Student Orientation (NSO), and we’re here to help. During NSO, you’ll learn about IU’s academics, support programs, and other resources. Plus, you’ll get familiar with campus and meet other new Hoosiers as well as current members of the HHC.
BEFORE COMING TO CAMPUS FOR NSO:
- Look through the fall honors courses and descriptions and create a list of honors courses you might like to take. We recommend taking one honors course your first semester.
- Take your required placement exams.
DURING DAY 2 OF NSO AT THE HHC*:
- Meet one-on-one with an academic advisor to choose fall classes.
- Work with current HHC students to register for the classes you and your advisor selected. These students will also be on hand for any questions you may have regarding IU and the HHC.
- Join Hutton I→Us! A student organization seeking to create a rewarding connection between incoming freshmen and the Hutton Honors College, Hutton I→Us pairs incoming freshmen with a mentor who shares similar areas of academic interest. By fostering these relationships, the goal of Hutton I→Us is to ultimately craft the future leaders of Indiana University through support and a helping hand. If you’d like to participate, please fill out a Mentee/Mentor Matching Form. Also, check out Hutton IUs's Instagram and feel free contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If your advising and registration do not happen at the HHC (athletes and direct admits to the Jacobs School of Music, the Kelley School of Business, and the School of Education), you are welcome to visit the Hutton Honors College between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. to chat with current HHC students.
Family and guests of all honors students are encouraged to come to our programs for parents/families. They are held at 9:45 a.m. in the School of Global and International Studies, 355 N. Jordan Ave., Room 1122, on Day 2 of your NSO.
We look forward to meeting you this summer and to working with you in the years ahead. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at (812) 855–3555 or email email@example.com.