The HHC Undergraduate Grant Program recognizes that students may learn about exciting new opportunities after the application deadlines have already passed. Therefore, a small pool of grant funds have been set aside for students in this situation, who would like to apply for Internship, Research, Research Partnership, or Creative Activity Grant funding.
Nonstandard grant application cycle
Up to $1,500 for Fall or Spring
Up to $3,000 for Summer
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.40 or 3.70 major GPA
- Junior or Senior class standing (not required for the Research Partnership Grant)
- Full-time IU Bloomington undergraduate student status (summer term applicants and graduating seniors in their last semester are exempt from enrolling in full-time course load)
- One-time only award
- Must complete activity before graduation date
Summer: First Friday in May
Fall Semester: First Friday in September
Spring Semester: Last Friday in January
- Online application form (Internship, Research, Research Partnership, Creative Activity)
- IU Bloomington faculty letter of recommendation
- Additional materials, as noted on the individual grant pages:
- IU Unofficial Transcript
- Domestic or International Travel Waiver Form (for all activities outside of Bloomington, IN)
Funding recipients must submit a one-page evaluation of their experience before the deadline of the application period that immediately follows the funded activity. Students who do not comply will be ineligible to receive additional HHC funding.
Important information for funding and scholarship applicants
If you filed the FAFSA and are receiving financial aid (for example: Direct Loans, Pell Promise grants, 21st Century Scholars Covenant), and you receive one of the Hutton Honors College's grants or scholarships, your award from the Hutton Honors College may not be paid-out in the form of cash funds (i.e., as money paid into your Bursar account), but instead, may be used by IU's Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) to reduce your student/parent loan burden or reduce your federal/state grant by the amount awarded to you by the HHC.