Hutton Honors College Internship Grants help fund nonacademic work related to students' professional goals. See below for application and award details.
Up to $1,500 for Fall or Spring
Up to $3,000 for Summer
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.40 or 3.70 major GPA
- Junior or Senior class standing
- Full-time IU Bloomington undergraduate student status (summer term applicants and graduating seniors in their last semester are exempt from enrolling in full-time course load)
- One-time only award
- Must complete activity before graduation date
Summer: Friday before Spring Break
Fall Semester: Friday before Spring Break
Spring Semester 2023: November 11
Note: Students who are made aware of internship opportunities after the application deadline should follow the nonstandard grant application cycle procedures.
- Online application form
- IU Bloomington faculty letter of recommendation
- Internship supervisor letter of recommendation (if different from faculty recommender)
- IU Unofficial Transcript
- Domestic or International Travel Waiver Form (for all internships outside of Bloomington, IN)
Funding recipients must submit a one-page evaluation of their experience before the deadline of the application period that immediately follows the funded activity. Students who do not comply will be ineligible to receive additional HHC funding.
Important information for funding and scholarship applicants
If you filed the FAFSA and are receiving financial aid (for example: Direct Loans, Pell Promise grants, 21st Century Scholars Covenant), and you receive one of the Hutton Honors College's grants or scholarships, your award from the Hutton Honors College may not be paid-out in the form of cash funds (i.e., as money paid into your Bursar account), but instead, may be used by IU's Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) to reduce your student/parent loan burden or reduce your federal/state grant by the amount awarded to you by the HHC.
To learn how HHC funding may impact your financial aid, please contact OSFA at email@example.com. Also, please refer to OSFA for information regarding study abroad and financial aid.
Contact the HHC Grant Program
For answers to questions about the Hutton Honors College's grants and awards, email firstname.lastname@example.org.