Burnett/Masters Junior Scholars

Burnett/Masters Junior Scholars Award

The Burnett/Masters Junior Scholars Award is a one-time non-renewable scholarship awarded to full-time Hutton Honors College undergraduates who are entering their third year at IU.


Hutton Honors College students who were not awarded a Hutton Honors College scholarship as incoming freshmen or a full-ride scholarship from IU (including the Cox Scholarship, Wells Scholarship, or Kelley Scholarship) and hold a minimum of a 3.70 cumulative GPA by the end of their second year of study and maintain it through the following summer term are eligible to apply. Applicants must have a current year FAFSA on file to demonstrate that their federal financial need is greater than zero.


Applications are due by September 15th. In addition to the application, applicants must include two recommendation letters and waiver forms and a current resume.

Submit applications via email to Bryce Campbell at bgfichte@indiana.edu or via postal mail to:

Burnett/Masters Junior Scholars Award Committee
Hutton Honors College
Indiana University
811 E. 7th Street
Bloomington, IN 47405-3937

If you have any questions about this scholarship opportunity, please contact Bryce Campbell, Scholarship Coordinator, Hutton Honors College, at bgfichte@indiana.edu.

Important information for funding and scholarship applicants

If you filed the FAFSA and are receiving financial aid (for example: Direct Loans, Pell Promise grants, 21st Century Scholars Covenant), and you receive one of the Hutton Honors College's grants or scholarships, your award from the Hutton Honors College may not be paid-out in the form of cash funds (i.e., as money paid into your Bursar account), but instead, may be used by IU's Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) to reduce your student/parent loan burden or reduce your federal/state grant by the amount awarded to you by the HHC.

 To learn how HHC funding may impact your financial aid, please contact OSFA at scu@indiana.edu. Also, please refer to OSFA for information regarding study abroad and financial aid.