If you applied to IU Bloomington by November 1 and qualify for direct admission to join our program you will also be eligible to apply for the Hutton Honors College Scholarship.
If you receive a Hutton Honors College Scholarship as an incoming freshman, you can renew it for three years beyond your freshman year, as long as you satisfy all of these criteria:
- remain enrolled as an undergraduate student at IU Bloomington
- take at least 12 credit hours of courses each semester
- maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.40
- attend at least one approved educational/cultural activity each year
- successfully complete at least three approved Hutton Honors College or departmental honors courses during your first four semesters on campus
You will receive an email from the Office of Admissions with details about your eligibility and the Selective Scholarship Application (SSA). Follow the directions in this message to set up your IU account and view the programs and scholarships available to you. If you have any questions while filling out the SSA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Complete your SSA and submit your letters of recommendation as early as possible in order to receive priority scholarship consideration from the Hutton Honors College.
A committee of Honors College faculty carefully reads each application and will examine the quality of your high school program, the courses you have taken, the quality of your writing, and the nature of your extracurricular activities.
Scholarship notifications will be e-mailed to all applicants in mid-March.